It really says something when the six man on a team has a better chance of being drafted high than the "National player of the year"
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. -- North Carolina sixth man Danny Green declared for the NBA draft Saturday but will not hire an agent.
The forward from North Babylon, N.Y., announced his decision one day after Associated Press player of the year Tyler Hansbrough said he would return for his senior year but teammates Ty Lawson and Wayne Ellington indicated they would enter the draft pool without agents.
That leaves open the possibility of returning to the Tar Heels.
Coach Roy Williams said Green and his father approached him in the 24 hours after the decisions of his teammates were announced and "indicated they wished to test the waters."
Green averaged 8.1 points and 3.9 rebounds during his first three seasons at North Carolina and ranked second with 56 3-pointers this season in helping lead the Tar Heels to the Final Four.
It really says something when the six man on a team has a better chance of being drafted high than the "National player of the year"
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
Why does every UNC thread turn into a Hans thread?
Its a legit comment.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
Never said it wasnt. But in the end it doesnt matter.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1inStripes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It really says something when the six man on a team has a better chance of being drafted high than the "National player of the year" </div></div>
yes it does
it says the NPOTY award is a joke
[img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]
I think Hansbrough is a better prospect than Green, but with the way Green played down the stretch, his stock couldn't raise much if he stayed...I imagine some scouts have said they would pick him up in the early second round and he decided to see if that's the case
"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."
-Martin Luther King Jr.
damn it to hell
Bookmarks